Are you looking for a job in acoustics?
Ventac is recruiting for a Noise Test Engineer to support our Acoustics Team at our HQ offices in Blessington, Co. Wicklow.
Located 30 minutes from Dublin on the edge of the Blessington Lakes, Ventac is the only company in Ireland to assess, design and manufacture noise reduction solutions and components for international vehicle manufacturers. The role will also include supporting some of our key customers across our main export locations including the UK, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Spain, Turkey and the USA.
Position: Noise Test Engineer
Reporting To: R&D Director
Department: Acoustic Team
As our Noise Test Engineer, you will conduct noise reduction assessments on vehicles and machinery to identify the main sources and pathways for the noise. You will support in the design and development of noise control solutions, that will be manufactured in-house at our manufacturing facilities in Blessington, to be exported internationally. Much of this acoustic testing will be conducted at our client’s facilities and will require a certain amount of international travel. You will also conduct testing within our Acoustic Laboratories, which will include building acoustics and the testing of wall and floor constructions in our suite of reverberation chambers.
- Lead in vehicle noise reduction assessments
- Liaise with clients on their noise issues and the noise control solution development
- Conduct noise measurements of vehicles: Sound power level and operator exposure (Forklifts, diggers, buses etc.)
- Analysis of noise measurements, (frequency analysis, noise source identification etc.).
- Produce vehicle noise control reports with proposed solutions
- Support Engineering and Production departments in the development of noise control solutions
- Travel to client facilities to conduct noise measurements on-site (typical trip 1-3 days, European destination)
- Provide acoustic support to the Industrial Noise Control department
- Conduct noise measurements in Ventac Laboratory (a reverberation room suite) on equipment, materials and partitions
Qualifications & Experience:
- Acoustics qualification (e.g. IOA Diploma)
- 3 to 5 years Noise testing/ Acoustic experience
- Experience in noise testing on vehicles is highly desirable
- Membership of an acoustic professional body
- Technical degree qualification required (Engineering or Scientific)
- The ability to work as an individual
- Strong report writing skills is an important element of the role.
- Must be able to travel freely in the EU and have a full driving licence.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Strong communication skills – written and oral, internal and external
- Organised and efficient with good attention to detail and time management
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships (field and lab testing)
- Professional & diligent
- Analytical thinking
- Proactive / shows initiative
- Customer Focused
Job Specific Skills:
- Strong technical ability
- Deciding and initiating action
- The accuracy of testing work conducted in Ventac and in the Field
- The accuracy of information supplied by Testing dept to customers (Reports, Results Summaries, Datasheets etc..)
- Maintain good communication with customers and responsiveness to their requests
- Maintaining good condition of test equipment and keeping their calibration certs. up to date
To apply for the position of Noise Test Engineer, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com